Tuesday 21 March 2017

Developing the Tau

A week ago my girlfriend Marisa decided that she did not want her tyranid army anymore.  Despite their sparkly exterior, she felt she would play Warhammer 40k more if she had an army she enjoyed playing.  After some consideration she dispensed with her army on ebay and we swiftly purchased a new one with the money (Also double the size!)

In order to fully support her decision I wanted to come up with a paint scheme that was quick to complete but effective.  Once she had decided on a scheme I got to work on a stealth suit and a kroot.


The stealth suit came out far better than I had expected. Edging miniatures is not my strength as I have really shaky hands, but considering my handicap I was pretty happy with the final result.  It took me around 20 mins to do from start to finish.


This kroot took me around ten minutes.  I wanted to come up with a scheme that was really quick and easy as she has 34 of them. A base of purple, with two lighter purples as a highlight. A dark green for the clothing and weapons, a wash of black and then an edging of light mint green to finish.

Neither are properly based as we will do them all at once.  I am hoping I get the chance to paint one or two more because it was great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment